Cinco De Relay!
Paint The City Purple
Parade and Festival
April 29 - May 5, 2012 - Paint the City Purple Week
May 5 - Paint the City Purple Parade and Festival
Join Mt. Vernon Relay for Life as we Paint The City Purple! Activities include hanging purple ribbons on trees and lampposts, decorating stores, schools and businesses with purple ribbons and footprints (in honor of those we celebrate) and culminating in a Parade and Festival on May 5, 2012!
Here’s how you can participate:
Cinco De Relay:
- Sign up to march in our parade with your school, business, relay team, or civic group.
- Bring a banner, flags, and other identifying items, and WEAR PURPLE!
- We’re looking for: Marching Bands/Performers, Civic Groups, Relay Teams, Scouts, Schools, Classic Cars, Service Vehicles, Veterans of all Wars, and more!
- Register to setup a table on City Hall Plaza before the parade
- It’s FREE! (with a $25.00 donation to Relay for Life)
- Promote your business, and have fun!
- Register to setup a table at the Doles Center for the Health and Wellness Expo
- Must be an organization or business dedicated to healthy living, exercise, cancer prevention, or health screening.
- Free setup! (This one is really free)
- Sponsor Us! We will work with you to set up a package that will promote your group or business and help us Celebrate, Remember, and Fight Back against Cancer.